The International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme provides a unique learning education. Students around the world, and at Riverstone alike, expect to experience:
- Independent thinking and self-driven learning models.
- Better preparedness and academic understanding that attracts some of the world’s highest ranking universities.
- The sensation of being a “global citizen” with more cultural awareness directly cultivated through the development of a second language.
- The opportunity and ability to engage with peers and mentors in an increasingly globalized, rapidly changing world with strong academic, social and emotional characteristics.
- Higher first-year retention and better success in college/at university, according to this research report published by a professor at the University of Wisconsin in January 2015.
Riverstone students are part of an impressive global educational network
- 3,020 schools worldwide offered the Diploma Programme in 2020.
- 170,343 students worldwide were IB Diploma candidates in 2020.
- Riverstone students consistently exceed the Global Diploma Programme pass rate.
RIS 2021-2023 IB Pass Rate
RIS 2023 IB Pass Rate
Global IB Pass Rate
Our graduates leave Riverstone prepared academically, and ready to engage with their teachers and classmates in college, which is one of the most important factors in college retention.
- Riverstone students exceed Idaho and national average scores on the ACT and SAT as well.
- IB Diploma holders graduate from college sooner than the average population
- 39% of all enrolled students graduate from 4 year institutions in 4 years.
- 84% of IB diploma holders graduate from college in 4 years.
Read this research report for more information.